|With proper care, latex garments
can last you many years. But latex is not like other materials and does need
some special looking after. Here are a few tips for you on how to keep your
latex looking its best.
- When putting latex on, rub baby or talcum powder on your
body and the inside of the garment.
- Keep latex out of sunlight and always dry it out in the
- Handwash latex in mild soapy water and hang inside out to
dry (or towel dry). Powder lightly before storing to prevent garment sticking
- Whatever you do, please do not iron your latex!!!
- Do not rub or allow any contact with oil (clean hands are
always a good idea!!) as it destroys latex.
- Polish latex regularly with latex polish (which we can
- Clean latex within a couple of days of wearing it
(leaving it dirty with sweat and body oils weakens it)
- Store lighter colours so they are not in direct contact
with any darker pieces (the darker colour can discolour the lighter ones if
left together even for a short time.
- Do not allow light colours to come into contact with
copper-based items (money, jewellery- some jewellery appears silver but
contains a copper core- etc) because it will stain very badly. Take care
especially if you have been handling such items as even your hands may stain
We do offer a repair service for any Libidex latex garments that do get damaged. We only repair Libidex items, they need to be washed, silicone free and dusted with talcum powder.
Our repairs start from £20.00 plus both ways postage and it can take around 4 weeks.